New Delhi: Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Thursday met the aggrieved family of six-year-old Divyansh Kakrora who was found dead at a water reservoir in Ryan International school even as his parents alleged their child’s death was a “murder” and the arrests made were mere formality.

Sisodia, also the Education Minister accompanied by District Magistrate and SDM went to the meet the family at their residence in Sultanpur area, and assured them of full support in their pursuit for justice.

The Education Minister had earlier in the day said that the school management should also be held responsible for the child’s death.

“Why there is no action against management? School mgmt is not there to earn huge money without any accountability,” he tweeted.

Meanwhile, the family of the deceased child today took out a candlelight vigil in Vasant Kunj area on Thursday.

“My son’s death is not a case of negligence but murder. The arrests made today were merely a formality. Therefore, we are demanding a CBI probe. If they were to be bailed out than why were they arrested?” said Divyansh’s father Ramheet Meenaa, a paramedical staffer at AIIMS.

Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia. PTI

Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia. PTI

“Did the police ask them why did they inform us four hours after the death. They obviously wanted to destroy the evidences. The principal and others are involved and they are not speaking out. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal called me and said that he is coming to meet us,” he added.

His mother, said, “This should not happen to any other child. Those involved should get stringent punishment. If there is no safety in such a reputed school what will happen in other schools. Why the school had given my child a gold medal if he was a hyper kid?”

The principal and four other staff members of the South Delhi school were arrested on Thursday, five days after the student was found dead in a water tank on the campus, triggering outrage. Those arrested were released on bail later.

The school authorities had told the police that the boy was last seen before the seventh period, which was around 12.20 pm. They later found him floating in the reservoir and rushed him to a private hospital where he was declared brought dead.

It was the hospital authorities and not those of school who had informed the police about the incident.

After preliminary investigation, the police had registered a case of negligence causing death at the Vasant Kunj North police station. Later in the day, the Delhi government had also ordered a magisterial probe.

The initial postmortem report of Divyansh suggested he died of drowning and no external injuries were found, police said.

The police had questioned the school authorities, including the principal, for five days.

While his parents have been accusing school of conspiring against their child, principal Sandhya Sabu had claimed that Divyansh was a “hyperactive” child who had “tendency” of running away from the classroom.

“This child was a special child, who was hyperactive. He had the tendency of running away from the classroom. We understand what the parents are going through at this moment of loss. The allegations (on school) are absolutely wrong,” she had said.


See the article here – 

Manish Sisodia meets family of deceased Ryan International school student