Supreme Court on Saturday refused to entertain a plea seeking modification of NEET order. The petition was filed by a group of students. Court made its intention clear while dismissing the plea saying, “let the exams go on”.The students who filed petition seeking modification of NEET order,said syllabus of CBSE & state boards are different and they will have no time to prepare. <!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Supreme Court though have rejected that argument saying nothing stops the students from preparing for the exam. The first phase of NEET examination will be held on May 1On Friday, the Supreme Court had said that the entrance test for admission to MBBS and BDS courses for the academic year 2016-17 will be held as per the schedule through the single common entrance test National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) on May 1 and July 24.Justice A R Dave, before whom the matter was mentioned by Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi said, “We are not having the bench. Let the exam go on. Let them file the applications.” When Justice Dave said that the matter would not be heard today, he was sitting in a different bench.Earlier on Friday, the Centre had approached the apex Court seeking modification of its Thursday’s order to allow state governments and private colleges to hold separate entrance examinations for MBBS and BDS courses for the academic year 2016-17.Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi had suggested that the order passed by the apex court yesterday allowed holding of a two-phased single common entrance test for MBBS and BDS courses through NEET on May 1 and July 24 but there appear to be some genuine difficulties and there was a need for some change in the order.He suggested that the first phase of NEET scheduled for May 1 be scrapped and all the students be allowed to take the exams on July 24.Rohatgi said there was a need to modify Thursday”s order as there was a lot of confusion arising out of it. The apex court had on Thursday cleared the decks for the holding of NEET in two phases for the academic year 2016-17 in which around 6.5 lakh candidates are likely to appear.It had approved the schedule put before it by the Centre, CBSE and the Medical Council of India (MCI) for treating All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) fixed for May 1 as NEET-1.It had said those who had not applied for AIPMT will be given the opportunity to appear in NEET-II on July 24 and the combined result would be declared on August 17 so that the admission process can be completed by September 30.With PTI inputs

See original: 

NEET: SC refuses to entertain plea from students seeking modification of order, first phase of exam to be held tomorrow