Two minors were detained on Saturday in connection with the alleged murder of a 19-year-old boy by a group of students in a student mess here, police said. “The two minors involved in the murder have been detained whereas the other accused are still at large and efforts are on to nab them,” Mahaveernagar police station circle incharge Kaluram Verma said. The duo would be produced before the Child Welfare Committee (CWC), he said. <!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Satyarth alias Satya Prakesh, a resident of Nabada district in Bihar was attacked by nearly 20-25 students while he was having dinner in a mess. Satyarth died on the spot while another coaching student from Bihar Sandeep Kumar (18), also sustained knife wounds in the attack. Those detained are taking coaching in institutes here, Verrma said. The body of Satyarth meanwhile was handed over to his family after post-mortem and his last rites were carried out in Kishorepura cremation ground, he said. The family members accused the coaching centres of being careless and irresponsible. “They did not even inform us of the tragedy and were continuously making calls for fees. Kota is now no longer a safe place for the coaching students,” one of Satyarth’s relatives said. Yesterday, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Prasad Yadav expressed concern over the incident. In a letter to Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, he requested her to take cognisance of the incident and make sure that the culprits are nabbed soon.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav on Wednesday held a meeting with officials of companies executing road projects in the state and assured them full security from “rangdari” (extortion) and Naxal threats.Yadav, who holds the Road Construction portfolio, interacted with officials of companies executing projects of Rs 100 crore in Bihar to instil confidence in them at a time when killing of two engineers at Darbhanga over extortion demand has triggered panic. He also reviewed progress of the projects and took stock of their work and said he would conduct review meetings of four divisions every month to take stock of work on ongoing projects.<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Yadav later told reporters that he has asked project officials if they feel there is any problem in the implementation of their work then they should immediately convey it to the concerned district magistrate or superintendent of police and principal secretary to road construction department either through telephone or SMS.”(I have said) Do not take even small irritants lightly and inform officials who will immediately take action,” Yadav, who is younger son of RJD President Lalu Prasad, said.He said security has been provided to all construction companies working in Bihar and the project executioners had confirmed it to him. “All construction work on roads and bridges are going on and nobody has stopped the work.” The deputy chief minister expressed grave concern over killing of two engineers of a Gurgaon-based construction company on December 26 last year.He came down heavily on opposition BJP for “creating an impression that there was lawlessness in Bihar and making constant effort to drive a wedge among coalition partners”.”But they (BJP) will never succeed,” he added.